Advocates of Routt County
We see you. We stand with you.
We are honored to stand with victims and survivors throughout their journey towards healing and continue working for a future with zero-tolerance of domestic and sexual violence in any community.
24/7 SafeLine 970-879-8888
Our trained staff and volunteer advocates answer our local 24-hour crisis hotline to provide support, safety planning, and connections to community resources for survivors and their loved ones.
You don’t have to do it alone.
We’ll be here when you’re ready.
Advocates provides a safe home, food, and advocacy services to victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence, at no cost. The safehouse is a place for these individuals to live free of violence and create the future they choose. Our safehouse has 4 bedrooms/10 beds and is located in Steamboat Springs.
You don’t have to stay. Please call our 24/7 Safeline if you, or someone you know, needs help.
Advocates assist clients (free of cost) by:
- Helping develop safety plans and coping skills
- Assisting with obtaining a protection order
- Increasing awareness and understanding of the nature of sexual violence and domestic abuse
- Helping survivors to understand and engage with sexual assault exams, court hearings, law enforcement interviews, etc.
- Accompanying and serving as the client’s advocate with anything – from legal matters to housing issues to personal concerns
Social Change Advocacy
Advocates works to prevent violence before it happens by:
- Providing educational presentations to schools, businesses, and other agencies
- Coordinating various awareness-raising projects
- Hosting interactive events, both in-person and online
- Collaborating with a wide range of community partners
- Launching “Drivers of Change” Volunteer Opportunities